Canaan House Services
Canaan House is a full-service, permanent, supported, independent living facility, with 12 apartments, designed to meet the special needs of homeless people living with HIV/AIDS and a severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) and/or chemical addiction. Canaan House provides a full continuum of care including 24/7 staff on site and 24/7 crisis intervention and emergency services.
Canaan House also facilitates:
- Group and individual mental health and substance abuse services;
- Home health-care services;
- Benefits management services;
- Nutrition education;
- Food preparation and housekeeping services;
- Vocational rehabilitation services;
- Life skills and personal care education services;
- Family support services; and
- Case management and referral services.