Westside Children's Counseling Services
Westside Children�s Counseling Services (WSCC) offers various modalities of counseling, psychiatric evaluation, case management and medication management services specially designed for children and adolescents.
The program provides services to Hudson County children ages 5 -18, and young adults up to the age of 21 if involved with the NJ Children�s system of care.
Our Philosophy, Purpose and Goals
The Westside Children�s Counseling Services program is committed to delivering exceptional services by providing creative, focused, culturally sensitive, and goal directed treatment that matches each child�s needs on an individual basis. We are committed to serving children and their parents/caregivers efficiently and effectively. Towards this end, we seek the least restrictive intervention to help children achieve their goals. In order for children to fully benefit from treatment, they must actively participate in the process, which includes working with a multidisciplinary team in the development of a comprehensive treatment plan with individualized goals and strength based strategies to meet those goals. We also facilitate the expansion of the child and family�s skills in making use of available supports and resources in the community whenever possible.
How can WSCC counseling services help?
- Regular participation in counseling services can help children and adolescents
- Attain and maintain healthier emotional, cognitive and behavioral functioning
- Gain a better understanding of their emotional, behavioral and/or mental health challenges
- Improve relationships with others inside and/or outside the home, at school , with peers
- Learn and access formal and informal supports in the community
- Increase and maintain overall wellbeing
Services can assist parents and caretakers:
- Gain an understanding of their children�s emotional, developmental, behavioral and/or mental health needs and effective interventions to address each;
- Develop strength based strategies to address the individual needs and challenges of their child;
- Locate additional formal and informal support services in the community beneficial to the needs of the child and family members;
- Improve parent-child relationships, sibling relationships and/or overall family well-being.
Partnering with Parents and Caregivers
Westside Children�s Counseling Center was created in the belief that parents should be equal partners with professionals in the process of developing and carrying out individualized services for each child. We also believe that parents/caregivers know their child better than anyone else, and that they are experts in what works within their family. For this reason, WSCC encourages families to play a large role in their child�s treatment and improvement/recovery efforts. Because family has a powerful impact on children, our program works with all parents/caregivers to:
- Build and actively work in partnership in the development and implementation of each child�s service plan.
- Maintain a solid working relationship, one based on mutual respect, honesty and trust.
- Engage in open communication in order to best address needs and concerns relating to your child�s treatment, health, functioning and well-being.
Appointments and Fees
All services offered are by appointment only. Appointments and specific program information can be obtained by calling the WSCC screening line: (201) 798-2165.
We accept Medicaid or self payment for all services provided. At this time, we are unable to accept private insurance.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 9 AM- 5 PM. We are open until 7PM on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
For service inquiries and requests please call our screening line:
WestSide Children�s Counseling Services
249 Virginia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07304